Hi Bridgeport Families!!!
I hope you are having a fabulous summer! I also hope you are getting excited about our upcoming school year! It's hard to believe but it is almost time... I wanted to give you some quick information/reminders:
1. Our last "official" registration is Monday August 3rd from 12-6 pm. if you have any paperwork that needs turned in or updated this is a great time to do so! Also, we need your help-if you've gotten new neighbors or if you know of a family who has a kindergartener who may not know about registration-please share this information with them-thanks!
2. For all of our incoming kindergarten students we are hosting our BPS "Kindergarten Kamp" on August 4th from 8-1. We are so excited about this event. If you have or know of a kindergartener-please make sure they are registered and attend this fun event!
3. On Monday August 10th from 5:30-7 will be our Back to School Bash. This is a chance for students to find out who their teacher will be and to tour/bring their supplies to their classroom. It is also a chance for families to come and meet your new teacher and to listen to their presentation about her/his plans for the upcoming school year.
Schedule: 5:30-6:00 pm- teacher presentations in their classrooms for families
6:00-6:30 pm- a chance to check in school supplies or visit with others
6:30-7:00 pm- teachers will repeat their informational meeting in case families have more than 1 child
***Also, if your child is picked up in the afternoon-please stop and get your car tag so you are ready to go!
4. Wednesday August 12th is our students' 1st day of school. Doors open at 7:15 and students will go directly to their classrooms and we are started on a wonderful new year together! I can't wait!!!
5. We are still searching for a PTA president-if you are interested please let me know! This is such a vital organization to our school which has historically made many amazing things happen for our students but we can't get started until we find a president!
6. Our next SBDM meeting is Monday August 17th @ 5:30 in our library. Please come if you are interested. Our members include-teacher representatives: Holly Moore, Kim Sage-Sowder and Jenni Sutley (they are elected by their peers). Parent members- (elected by parents) are Maria Brown and Kathryn McCrystal. I serve as our chairperson.
7. Welcome to our 2 new regular education teachers: Joy Cudd who will teach 2nd grade and Stephanie Britton who will teach 5th. We are excited to have them both join our BPS family!
8. I am sure your young person has spent lots of time doing Compass Learning this summer! That is great-keep up the good work for 2 more weeks and I know they will have grown as learners over the summer! Also, keep reading!!!
9. You are also probably thinking about getting started helping your kids get back into the routines and schedules of school-bedtimes, getting up earlier, organizing etc. This is a good time to do so!
10. You may have already heard...school lunch prices are increasing this yr by $0.10. (10 cents)
Enjoy the rest of your summer! I look forward to seeing you soon!
Martha Lail, BPS principal