Ellen Stevens is the School Library Media Specialist for Collins Lane Elementary. Ms. Stevens graduated in 2007 from the University of Kentucky with a BA in Elementary Education. After teaching 1st and 3rd, grades for several years she recieved her Masters Degree in Library Science from UK in 2012. Ms.Stevens is very excited for the 2019-2020 school year and her position as School Media Specialist and School Technology Coordinator and has many exciting plans for our library!
Ms. Stevens' Responsibilites are:
- Planning, directing, implementing, and evaluating the school library program
- Organizing the library materials, equipment, and facilities for effective and efficient use.
- Collaborating with teachers and staff to integrate library services into the curriculum.
- Assisting staff and students with technology.
- Assisting students with the selections of materials in the Library.
Book Check Out Policy
Students in grades 3-5 may check out one or two books at a time.
Students in grades K-2 may check out one book at a time.
Books may be kept for one week.
Students may renew books if they need more time to read them.