The Kentucky Family Resource and Youth Service Centers were established as a component of the Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA) of 1990.
The mission of these school-based centers is to help academically at-risk students succeed in school by helping to minimize or eliminate non-cognitive barriers to learning.
FRYSC's are strengthened by community partnerships in their ability to provide programs, services and referrals to students and their families.
These partberships are critical in efforts on behelf of students to promote:
- Early learning and successful transition to school
- Academic achievement and well-being
- Graduation and transition into adult life
Each center offers a unique blend of programs and services to serve the special needs of their student and family client puplations. The goal of the FRYSC is to meet the needs of all children and their families served by the centers as a mean to enhance student academic success.
At Bridgeport Elementary, we offer the following services:
- After school child care
- Families in training
- Parent and child education
- Support and training for child care providers
- Health services and referrals
- Academic support